How To Replace Your Massachusetts Drivers License
If your Massachusetts drivers license has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you'll need to get it replaced immediately to avoid getting a ticket or risking suspension. We offer links to resources that will save you time and get you going in the right direction. Select from the options below to get started.
2: By mail, if eligible (read below for instructions)
3: In person at a local RMV office
Replacing your Massachusetts Drivers License
To beging the Massachusetts drivers license replacement process download your checklist.
Or you may do the following:
- Enter your License number, name, date of birth, and Social Security number
- You will be asked a few more questions based on your eligibility
- If you can 't renew online you’ll be able to download documents which you can fill out and take with you to the RMV office
- Pay a $25 dollar replacement fee
Out of State
If your out of state you can аlso have your replacement license emailed to your location. You will have to be at the location for 7-10 days to get the replacement or you can have it sent to your home address if you wish. Call (617) 351-4500 for your replacement license which will cost $25.00.
To reach the Telephone Center, you can call one of the following two numbers, depending on where you are located:
- From Massachusetts area codes 339/617/781/857
- From outside of Massachusetts
- From all other Massachusetts area codes not listed above
You may also replace your license at a branch. You can one through this map:
- You may need basic documentation such as tyour social security number when replacing your license at the branch.